homeimage blogimage showsimage gamesimage shopimage1 sponsorsimage aboutimage newsimage forumimage
item1
item1

The Digital Lifestyle

item1
item1
item1

Your Apple Authority

item1
item1

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

Help us continue to create great shows! Donate $5 today.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Does your iPhone think tonight should always be a ?



I realize the title of this post might be a bit confusing but so is the problem so stick with me. I was one of those early iPhone adopters so I've had the device about as long as anyone. I'm a moderate user so I don't claim to have the most time spent tapping away at the multi-touch keyboard but I've now been through 2 iPhones (one was replaced at my local Apple Store) and they both seem to think that when I type the word tonight it should be immediately followed by a "?"

No, I don't understand it either. In fact, yesterday was the first time since owning the device that I've actually wanted a "?" after the word "tonight". It certainly was convenient that my iPhone suggested that so all I needed to do was press the spacebar and PRESTO a "?" followed "tonight".

There has been some speculation that the Multi-Touch technology is adaptive and learns what you are likely to be saying or your own personal usage. I've not found this to be the case when it comes to "tonight". I haven't noticed this same pattern with any other word, but if you have, please leave a note, it'll be interesting to see what other words to be on the lookout for.

No comments:

iPod, iMac and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Apple is not affiliated with, nor endorses this site.

Privacy Policy

Copyright 2008, R Cubed Networks, LLC

homeimage blogimage showsimage gamesimage shopimage1 sponsorsimage aboutimage newsimage forumimage